Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer 2013 Anime Season Previews/Thoughts

* for larger image.



Hey guys this is Ash. The blog isn't fully revived, but the new season is starting next week (or has already started for some shows) and I'd like to at least do one of these. My life right now is a bit hectic and who knows when it will get better, so wish me good luck!




YES:



* Inu to Jasami wa Tsukaiyou (Dog & Scissors / InuHasa) - I've actually watched the first episode of this and found it very fun. The premise is a bit weird, but I'm very interested on where this will go.

* Brothers Conflict - Another show based on the reverse harem. I really like these shows because it goes into to the stereotypes females have towards men and also because the female lead is usually endearing enough that I tend to have fatherly tendencies towards her (is that guy good enough for her? or is it that other one? etc)

* Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C -bu (Preferential Measure Organization Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C ) - The military school girl anime is a genre that I would've scoffed at if not for Strike Witches and the more recent Girls und Panzer. Put Gainax behind the wheel and my anticipation nearly doubles.

* Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - I'm pretty sure this is based on a visual novel, which I haven't played. Either way "killing game" animes have become popular recently and I attribute that to Btooom!/Sword Art Online/Future Diary; I'm hoping this can match one of those given the hype surrounding it.

* Rozen Maiden - A reboot of a beloved series from my youth (what I'm guessing anyway), though this could also be season 3. Either way I really liked the first 2 seasons, though that could be the nostalgia factor kicking in.

* Servant x Service - Another show that I managed to preview the first episode of. This one involves a few people that get into civil service positions and the events that follow. The show is very slice-of-life with bits of comedy embedded and is enjoyable for the moment, but I can see it getting old

* Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya - A new type moon show at last and this one focussing on Illya/Rin etc as Magical girls. Nuff said.

* Monogatari Series Second Season - Sequel to the awesome Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari series. I usually need to marathon these to really enjoy them, so I doubt I'll be touching most of it till the end of the 2 cours.

* Genshiken Nidaime - The show that shows you what it means to be otaku. I really loved the first two seasons of this and am very glad they are going on with the new arc. My favorite bits will probably be seeing how they handle the "Trap" character.

* High School DxD NEW - Sequel to a series that I really like. I originally got into the first season as a guilty pleasure, but the plot turned out to be pretty decent and I can actually admit to liking it for that too. I'm hoping the second season expands more about some of the side characters, especially Akeno.

* Blood Lad - I really enjoyed this manga, though the main guy reminds me way too much of the Blue Exorcist main character.

* Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen ( The World God Only Knows III) - Season 3 of a show I vastly enjoyed; I can only hope that it's even better than the first two seasons.

* Gin no Saji: Silver Spoon - Young man living the rural life of agriculture? Reminds me of Moyashimon and I like it.

* Chou Jigen Game Neptune The Animation - Based off the popular game that I never got too into. I felt it would work better as an anime anyway.

* Gatchaman Crowds - Essentially a modern reboot of Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman. I'm not too keen on the original source, but I do like the new style.

* Kimi no Iru Machi (A Town Where You Live) - Huge romance story that I really loved. I never caught up on the source because of massive NTR warnings that I saw coming, though I heard those were addressed; I just can't bear to go through it. I imagine this is another marathon series for me.



IFFY:



* Kingdom 2 - I didn't watch the first season, but have heard many people talk about all the deep military strategy and the 'epic' storyline has piqued my interest. I'll most likely check this out in one sitting somewhere down the line.

* Recorder to Randorseru Mi - This isn't a really deep show as it consists of just many 15 minute shorts; they are funny but nothing I'll go out of my way for.

* Senyuu. S2 - Another comedy show I missed the first time around; this one involves a fantasy world and I've also heard good things about this.

* Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji - A historical action series that I'm quite interested in, though the main thing putting me off is the 'realistic' character designs.

* Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ - Third season in a slice of life anime; I'm told that the two prior seasons really get the viewer involved, but I haven't touched either yet.

* Free! - One of the successes of the internet so to say. This anime started out as some promotional PV/AD and was made into a full anime due to popular demand. My main problem is the absence of any female characters. This show is aimed toward females anyways, but anything that seems fujoshi bait is usually out of my ballpark. Though this IS Kyoani, so maybe they can make it appeal to me?

* Love Lab - Another school life series following a bunch of girls with yuri undertones. I'm not really into Yuri Yuri, though I admit I haven't given it as big of a chance as I should; either way nothing too interesting unless the first few episodes wow me.

* Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - Sequel to an anime that I need to finish. I've heard that the first one is quite good, though I hated the main girl.

* Kitakubu Katasudou Kiroku - A school life series with many no-name VA and staff. I figure this could be a series that gets many people's careers going, but I'm not willing to throw all my eggs in at the get go just yet.

* Maji de Otaku na English! Ribbon-chan: Eigo de Tatakau Mahou Shoujo

* Kin-iro Mosaic -Another cuteness, all-female, school, slice-of-life comedy, this time involving British transfer student Alice! Honestly, unless this is amazing I don't need anymore of these at the moment.

* Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou - A fantasy/supernatural series that I'm fairly interest in. There's not much that has been shown, but the art style that is part abstract and part dark is really the only thing keeping me iffy about i.t

* Kamisama no Inai Niciyoubi - Fantasy/mystery show with a very interesting plot. Again the character designs are the only things keeping me hesitant.

* Fantasia Doll - An anime original sci-fi story that looks to be a spin on the magical girl genre, but involving dolls.

* Teekyuu Season 2 - Another season 2 of a show I didn't quite catch the first time around. I'm told that the first season is a bit "trippy" as well.

* Uchouten Kazoku - Anime about a fantasy whimsical world based off a novel. I have heard that this is P.A. Works attempt at becoming a legendary producer again, but that remains to be seen.

* Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist - I really like the source material of this show, though I can see it being Fujoshi bait and that's my main problem.

* Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! (It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! / Watamote) - Out of the ordinary show with a unsociable loser main character. From what I've seen the main seems very awkward and I think it was done on purpose, but it didn't click with me.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment